Commercial water damage can lead to serious problems that cannot be solved by a simple repair job. It is therefore important to call in a commercial water damage restoration expert who can ensure the problem gets solved and does not recur again. A lot of people make the mistake of trying to tackle major water damage problems on their own. This is a very dangerous thing to do because it can lead to further damage if you are not aware of what causes a certain water source to be damaged.
Water damage restoration can be done through different types of methods, but it is better to hire an expert to handle the restoration process. This will ensure that all your belongings are safe. Water damage restoration companies are equipped with all the necessary tools to fix any type of water source. Some of the most common causes of commercial water damage restorations include natural causes like storms, overflowing gutters, overflowing sewer pipes, or leaking tanks. Some causes of these incidents can be avoided by doing some maintenance around the water source. Other times the damage that has already occurred can be easily corrected by hiring the services of water damage restoration experts.
Common Causes of Commercial Damage:
- Storage tanks. If your company uses a storage tank then it is highly likely that you will experience some form of water damage at one time or another. This can happen due to a number of reasons including overflowing gutters, a storm, or leaking pipes and building constructions . When it comes to commercial water damage restorations these storage services are a bit tricky. Depending on the size of the tank and how long it has been sitting the risk of it overflowing is high.
- Outlet pipelines and systems. A leak or overflow from any of these systems can lead to lost revenue. It may not always be possible to predict when a water damage event will occur but if you have an alarm system in place and you install monitoring equipment then you should be able to avoid some of the losses that occur from commercial water damage restorations. Every hour spent monitoring your commercial plumbing system can save you millions of dollars over the life of the pipe.
- Flood waters cause massive destruction in commercial structures. Flood waters cause a range of structural damages such as buckling beams, rotting timbers, and leaks. When assessing the extent of flood damage in a commercial structure, flood damage clean-up is necessary. This service will help to restore the building back to normal operations.
How to Treat Commercial Water Damages
- Industrial air quality systems. An industrial air cleaning system is often installed after industrial accidents in order to reduce the risk of harmful vapors returning to the area after the clean-up is complete. The same goes for water damage restorations. If the water has resulted in extensive flooding then the pipes may need to be removed and cleaned before the restorations can take place. If they are in good enough condition they can make all the difference.
- Water Drying Agents: As with commercial water damage restoration, the loss of refrigeration units can also cause problems. Damaged refrigeration units stop the distribution of cold water in the surrounding areas. As the area becomes dry, condensation will form on the windows causing frost buildup. This process can further hasten the drying process by reducing air circulation around the building.
- Mold remediation. Depending on the severity of the commercial spill, this might be necessary first. Professional water damage restoration companies can clean up the contaminated areas and remove mold spores. However, it might be necessary for you to consider a mold remediation process as well. This is where you turn to the professionals who know what to look for and how to deal with issues like these so that you do not end up with another problem on your hands.
- Water damage restoration and mitigation services are a wonderful thing for businesses. They prevent further damage to your property while restoring it to its previous appearance. But if water is left to rest on your premises it can lead to health hazards and increased repair costs. Therefore, it is important that you contact emergency services right away to schedule a cleanup that will not only restore your space to normal functionality but will also ensure that no further contamination takes place. Contact your local water restoration services for more information.
- Drying Equipment: Due to emergency flooding, commercial water damage restoration requires the use of drying equipment. Flood waters will cause the most damage to wood framing structures. The most common material affected is wood framing because it is porous and highly vulnerable to damage caused by flood waters. Drying equipment can be used to remove moisture from the affected materials. Specialist will carry out the drying process using special equipment and chemicals to prevent further damage.
- You need commercial water damage restoration services for damaged windows caused by a burst pipe or a leaking hot water tank. In some cases, damaged windows may also be caused by water seeping into the building from the surrounding areas. In these cases, it is necessary to repair the leak before it gets worse.
- Every property owner needs to be prepared in case of a disaster such as a broken pipe. This kind of incident is not only inconvenient but can also have catastrophic effects. A commercial water damage restoration company can help you save your property. The experienced specialists in your area will be able to give you valuable advice as to what actions to take, where to take place and how to avoid incurring losses.
Main Component that Should Have After Flooding
Water damage restoration companies also have to deal with the flooded areas once the damage has been fixed. They know that materials are suitable for use in repairing water-damaged walls, floors, ceilings, or any other part of the building. Moreover, they know how to use these materials properly. Therefore, hiring these restoration companies is a good idea if you want to save the structure of your building from further damages. They can even make alterations and repairs that will improve the look of the damaged area as well as increase its marketability in the eyes of potential customers.
One of the main components that you will have to manage after a flood is the plumbing system. The pipes that carry water to different sections of the building or business must be operational once the flooding damage has been fixed. Most of the time, commercial water damage restoration companies can help you fix the pipes on your own. However, in some cases, the damage flooding had done to the pipes already may not have been fixed and the only option left is for them to be replaced. Companies that specialize in commercial plumbing services have the expertise and experience necessary in repairing the pipes on your building without any hassle. Moreover, they are also aware of the right tools and equipment that they need in order to repair the pipes properly.
Check out our water damage service locations:
- Fort Worth, TX
- Garland, TX
- Euless, TX
- Prosper, TX
- Lancaster, TX
- Miami Beach, FL
- Baton Rouge, FL
- Reseda, CA